7 Aside League Rules
These Rules and Regulations set in September 2016 during the commencement of the Left Foot Sports Amateur Football Flood Light League and are prepared and issued by the management of Left Foot Sports Limited.
- Team captains must fill in all the team details In CAPITAL LETTERS with all the players’ names (2 names required) at the beginning of every match. A squad consists of a maximum of 12 players.
- The Information Memorandum (IM) is a list of all the players along with their details – This MUST be filled in and handed over before the start of the season, failure to do so results in a walk over from the team’s 3 rd match and therein after till the MOI is filled. Each player’s Identification Copy and Color photograph with his/her name at the back to be provided as well. This can be a hard copy or digital.
- No new players can be added mid season, unless the management of the League permits otherwise. For the management to permit a player, his/her name is to be submitted in writing a week prior to the forthcoming weekend’s fixture along with the reason for his/her addition.
- Random checks will be made on teams should a suspicion arise on:
- The addition of new players into the team without any communication to league officials.
- The Addition of PROFESSIONAL or SEMI PROFESIONAL players into the team (termed in-eligible players)
- Fielding new players using the names of existing ones.
- The penalty for the offence in “7” above are; banning of that particular player and deduction of 3 points from the respective team for all the matches the in- player/s have played, irrespective of the team’s win /loose or draw for those matches.
- No smoking/drinking or consumption of harmful or illegal products is allowed at the match venue and littering is strictly prohibited.
- General rules relating to use of the respective football ground shall apply. The venues may change from time to time and due notice will be provided for the change in venue.
- All teams will play twice every week on a Tuesday or a Thursday and all fixtures/results and tables shall be placed on the Left Foot Sports Website – www.leftfootsports.com. Matches are played at either 8pm / 915pm or 1030pm kick offs. Catch up games will be required to be played should teams lag behind schedule due to postponed games be it on the team’s side / their opponent’s side or the organizers side or for any other reason – Force Majeure or otherwise.
- All league games should be concluded within the 2 month period and may warrant “catch up” games to be squeezed in at the discretion of the organizers in order to complete the games before the league closure dates.
- Teams are advised to be changed and ready to play 10 minutes before kick-off. A team needs a minimum of 5 players to start the game. It must start if it has the minimum required quorum.
- No Studs are allowed to be used at the Venue. Use of Astro Turf trainers / Joggers / Regular trainers or blades with more than 13 blades are allowed. Management reserves the full right to enforce this for the sake of the integrity of the league.
- If a team is more than 15 minutes late for its scheduled kick off time, it shall start 1-0 down (1 goal in deficit- this goal not awarded to any individual player) This 1-0 deficit shall only be granted if:
- The opponents are fully changed and on the field of play.
- The opponents have the minimum required quorum to play on the field – i.e. 5players.
- The Referee or fourth official has confirmed the 15minutes have elapsed.
- If a team is more than 20 minutes late for its scheduled game a walk over shall be awarded for the same. This shall be a 2-0 walk over and the goals not given to any individual player.
Note: Time will not be increased for that game and the match will end as scheduled.
- The Organizers are not to be held liable for any injury or loss or theft to any team, its players, or its spectators, The Indemnity must be signed within 2 week’s of the commencement of the league.
- A team will be allowed to postpone games further only 2 times in a given season. Hereinafter games shall be awarded as walk overs. However any postponement after the allowed 2 postponements shall upto the discretion of the organizers. To approve the postponement management will check the validity of the same. Consultations with the disciplinary committee will be made if deemed necessary and thereinafter the necessary course of action to be taken. THIS RULE IS TO MAKE SURE THE LEAGUE DOES NOT EXCEED THE STIPULATED OPERATIONAL PERIOD.
- Every new Season a Disciplinary Committee will be set up which will comprise of either participating Team Management, Captains, Coaches or any other person who the organizers of the league deem fit to take any corrective action on various disciplinary issues. The Disciplinary Committee will only consist of 10-12 members and they too shall be vetted for their participation once a new season commences should they be chosen again to remain as Disciplinary Committee members. The Disciplinary Committee does not participate in the management or organization of the league.
- A team will need to inform the organizers by a minimum of 4 working days for a request to push a game. If a match is requested to be postponed after the required notice period, the organizers will then discuss the same and consult with the respective team’s opponents to approve the postponement. Once approved the organizers will then inform all concerned. A decision will aimed at being made in consensus to all.
- If 2 teams who are opponents on a given day do not show up a draw is awarded – this being 0-0 and points will be shared.
- If a team abandon’s a match during play on their own accord for whatever reason, then the opposing team will be awarded victory of the match by 2-0 irrespective of the score before the incident (abandonment). The goals not being allocated to any one team member.
- Each Team is responsible for the behaviour of its spectators, and strict disciplinary action will be taken on that team if its spectators are out of line, this includes:
- Verbal abuse
- Any other similar offence.
- The Penalty for the above mentioned in point 20, with sufficient supporting evidence is:
- Violence – Monetary fine of Kshs 6,000.00 + 3 points deducted from the respective team + banning of the player/s and/or fan/s for half the duration of the league
- Verbal abuse – Depending on gravity – a monetary fine of Kshs 6,000.00 + banning of the player/s and/or fan/s for 5 games for the duration of the league.
- Racism – Monetary fine of Kshs 10,000.00 + 3 points deducted + banning of the player/s and/or fan/s for half the duration of the league.
– OR DISCRETION OF DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE APPOINTED FOR THAT YEAR.
- 7 players on the pitch at any given time, and 5 rotational substitutes allowed (roll on and off basis). Minimum of 5 players to play a match. Substitutes can be made when players inform the Referee’s assistant and he/she gives the go ahead.
- A match is 50 minutes long with Halves being 25 minutes long each with 5 minutes half-time break.
- There is No offside. Back pass is allowed and the keeper can hold the ball for a maximum of 6 seconds only.
- If the keeper holds the ball longer than 6 seconds an indirect free kick will be awarded from the spot where the goal keeper was last stationary. The Defending team should back away 8 steps.
- Every team must have 2 sets of uniform to avoid clashing, and must carry them on every game.
- 2 consecutive yellow cards to result in the suspension for 1 forth-coming match. A direct red card results in suspension for 2 forth-coming matches.
- A win is 3 points, draw 1 point and loss nil points.
- If the keeper handles the ball outside the box, it’s a straight penalty – Penalties being FREE TAKEN – ALWAYS at 8 steps from the goal line.
- The Referees decision is final and where necessary All other FIFA Rules are to apply